- + How can I benefit from working with SiS Software Factory?
SiS Software Factory assures that your project will be done on time, to budget, and in accordance with modern quality and technical standards. You can outsource to SiS Software Factory your IT projects ranging from a simple utility to a total automation of your business. It is confidential and reliable. Copyright on the final software belongs to you. Also, custom information systems are expensive as development of main parts requires hiring skilled professionals. By using our services, you will reduce the cost by 50% at least. You also achieve savings on equipment, maintenance and infrastructure required during the development. Learn additional information on our Software Development Methodology.
- + What services does SiS Software Factory provide?
SiS Software Factory provides a wide range of software development including:
- Software Solutions like Client-Server and distributed application development.
- Portal Solutions.
- Value added services like Project management, Offsite Development, etc.
- IT consulting.
- IT staffing (contact us for more information)
- + How can I be assured that I am not wasting my time and money?
Read about our Software Development Methodology / Process. If you still have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us. We will spend as much time as needed to explain, provide additional information or make a testing, pilot task for you, free of charge!
Also we can give you a good piece of advice. In all sincerity, is any work suitable for outsourcing offshore? The simple answer is NO. Only long-term and series of short-term projects that require high-rated specialists are! You should clearly identify the type of your project and take into account that even if the whole project is not suitable for offshore development, it can be still possible to successfully outsource some subtasks and subsystems. Additionally, your offshore vendor should meet the following requirements:
- Professional rates should be significantly lower than in your country
- Availability of technical experts and resources
- Good communication and infrastructure facilities including easy access to the Internet
- Qualified staff
- Fluent English
- Almost the same time zone
If you have any doubts identifying this, contact us. We will provide a fair advice.
- + How can I be sure in your productivity and that you don't overcharge me?
You monitor every phase of development. Every phase has material results that you can see and review. You will be able to see the whole development cycle from our online (and in real-time) tool at www.sissoftwarefactory.com/tracker . The complete scope of the work is defined at the initial phase of development and approved by you. Also, we are interested in long-term cooperation with you.
Additional reason, isn't it?
- + What other risks do I have developing offshore?
First of all, all usual risks of software development: proper definition of the task, proper planning, proper managing and proper development process. We do our best to address these issues and have many successfully finished projects.
The second is communication. There should be two Project Managers – one of them from our side, and other from client side- that communicate every day. Failure in communication is the main cause of unsuccessful development. And taking advantage of our time zone location, communications are in real time and without delays.
The third is agreements. Responsibilities, payments and other arrangements have to be well made-up, safeguarding both sides.
The fourth is culture differences. There could be some misunderstanding among the people involved. Your patience and our experience will help to overcome this. Also, this has another, admirable, side. It's interesting and sometimes funny and relaxing!
- + What makes SiS Software Factory unique?
Professionalism, knowledge, reliability and flexibility combined with low prices.
- + What are your standard Terms and Conditions?
Once a contract has been signed, we issue an invoice made according to the Payment Schedule which is a part of the Project Plan approved by you. Usually invoices are paid by wire transfer in US Dollars or Euro to our bank accounts either in Argentina or in the USA. Copyright on the final software belongs to the customer.
- + Can I first get "a rough guess" about the cost of my software system?
Yes, no doubts. Just contact us and ask for a Request for Quote.
- + Can I try your services first before signing a contract for a large software system with you?
Yes, you can request us to do a pilot, testing project. We will do it with minimal payment in case of successful completion or even free of charge. It depends on what your "large software system" is.
- + Can I get references to your previous work?
Please, see our Clients page. It will be our pleasure to provide you contact information of our customers.
- + Which languages can I speak with SiS Software Factory?
English and Spanish.
- + How can I start using SiS Software Factory services?
Contact us with your business requirements, idea or simply questions.
- + What do you need from me to create a proposal?
You don't need to prepare anything before asking for a proposal - just contact us and our representatives will ask questions to determine what is needed from you to create a proposal. Usually it will be whatever technical documentation, specifications, and design documents you have. Access to your project team members for answering questions is essential.
- + How do you determine how much a project costs?
First, information is gathered about the proposed product through examining prior software, existing specifications, and by interviewing project team members at your company. All the information gathered is then analyzed and the project is broken down into smaller components which are estimated separately. Follow up questions are asked, and calculating times for each task involved which are used for costing guidelines.
- + What are the advantages of hiring SiS Software Factory over hiring engineers from a staffing firm or building an in-house team?
1) SiS Software Factory puts each candidate through a rigorous screening process before they join the team; otherwise you would have to do most of the screening.
2) SiS Software Factory knows who the right engineer for each project component is; you would have to be able to hire the right range of skills, and may not be able to get them in the same person.
3) SiS Software Factory can provide a range of services by pulling in engineers with other specialties for specific small tasks on the project; you will need to staff up, outsource sub-projects, or hire a genius.
- + What is expected of me during the project?
Your involvement in the project is essential. The exact nature of that involvement depends greatly on the type of project. In general you are expected to provide whatever technical and business specifications you have, to answer questions in a reasonable time, and to provide prompt, honest, and thorough feedback on software releases. A list of your "deliverables" is provided by SiS Software Factory in the project proposal.
- + Who will own the code produced by SiS Software Factory?
All source code produced by SiS Software Factory during a project is fully owned by you, except nonproprietary code with only general utility (generic code). Generic code may be used by you in any way you wish and SiS Software Factory may also use this code for its own purposes.
- + How do you treat agreements, I mean signing them and sending them to each other?
Usually an agreement in Word format with digital signatures of both parties (JPG) will suffice. After signing the agreement this way, a party sends it to the other party by e-mail. However, documents could be signed by hand, and they could be faxed or sent either by UPS or by FedEx.
- + Please describe your non-disclosure policy to me.
We have our NDA but, we don’t have limitations from our side: we are ready to sign an NDA you offer.
- + How do you treat confidentiality regarding client software development?
After the project is finished, we might ask the customer's permission for placing the short description of the project on to our site. In addition, we might ask about a reference to place it with other references.
No problem if the customer says 'No'. Then we do not publish any information about the project to our site. In any case, without the customer's express permission we never ever give any information about him to anybody.
- + What are your terms of payment?
For short projects:
- 50% in advance;
- 50% upon delivery
For mid-range projects:
- 40% as advance;
- 40% upon delivery;
- 20% after customer tests application and approves it is OK (usually he has 1-to-2 weeks for it).
For long-term projects:
- Equal monthly payments.
However, we are open to any other reasonable proposals. For example, - little advance payment and then equal payments each week. In this case you can see our current results constantly, and once a week you decide whether our work is still worth paying for.
- + What are your days/hours of operation?
Usually they are all working days (5 days a week), 8 hours a day, 173 hours a month. Accordingly, the local time for our development teams are:
Buenos Aires, Argentina: -3 GMT (2 hours ahead of EST)
Such time difference makes our work for the overseas customers very efficient as long as activity becomes really at the same time (to customers in US and Latin America).
- + By what means do you usually communicate with your customers?
Either way you would prefer:
- IM (ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo);
- specially built Web site of your project;
- Personally during business trips if needed.
- + What programming experience does SiS Software Factory have?
We are working since 1999 on almost all technologies and can provide programming for all Windows platforms and Linux. The technologies list includes Visual C++, COM/DCOM, Java, J2SE, J2ME, EJB, Visual Basic, XML, Perl, PHP, Python, Developer, Power Builder, Delphi, Socket Programming, SmallTalk and ASP. Our development team has collective technical experience of 60 man-years. We have developed software systems that use Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Access databases, sometimes most of them simultaneously via ODBC. We have developed expertise Windows mobile architectures over the time.
- + What makes a typical software package?
It consists of:
Software itself Quality Assurance documentation User's Guide Installation program and instructions Completely documented source code Maintenance instructions
- + Your development process looks complicated. Is it really necessary?
The software development process is complicated by its nature. Our development methodology / process only reflect it. Excluding any stage leads to higher risk and lower quality. Sometimes we are asked to simply provide programmers, but such "savings" on management, planning, testing and documentation bring many problems in future and the final cost of the software system becomes much higher, if the software system will be finished at all.
- + How do clients control the project's progress?
You do have full control over the development, primary through our online Project Tracker tool (www.sissoftwarefactory.com/tracker). Our Software Development Methodology ensures that there will be no unpleasant surprises at the end of the development.
- + What should I do, if I am not exactly sure what functionality I need?
It is not a rare situation. Simply contact us even with a rough idea. We will define the task together.
- + How can I be assured of high quality, reliable software?
Through our Development Methodology / Process which is aimed at quality and only quality. We even provide Software Testing Services for other software development organizations. Also, you will have all preliminary versions of the software installed at your location for internal testing, verification and acceptance. During the 3-month warranty period after the software was installed in production mode, any problem in the code will be corrected free of charge.
- + How can I be assured that if I need to update my software system, you will help?
We can conclude either a long-term maintenance agreement stating our responsibilities or a general agreement on providing modifications on a case basis.
- + It is very important to us that all code related to our projects is written in an orderly and commented manner, so that we can understand what is going on as well. On completion of the said project, do you turn all source code and database over to the client (me)?
As for commenting of code - sure we do that, as we have a set of strict internal corporate standards for software development. Those standards cover all the design-programming-testing-delivery processes, and they contain obligatory commenting of codes. You can ask for those standards in order to see them.
Yes, certainly we will send you all the source code and database as soon as they are ready. Thus, upon completion you will receive a well structured and commented code and database ready for future maintenance.